Lowell Makes has grown beyond the size where every member knows every other member. As such, we can no longer rely on face-to-face passing of information to govern the various shops within the space. Committees are an attempt at solving this challenge by both creating a uniform system of passing information.
To join this committee, contact the committee chairperson.
|Space Committee Summary|
|Contact email||[email protected]|
|Meeting Schedule||Second Tuesday each month|
|Jack Walsh||Chair of Space Committee||[email protected]|
|Castro Arboite||Member at Large||[email protected]|
|Jim Frederick||Member at Large||[email protected]|
|Bradley Powers||Member at Large||[email protected]|
|George Smolinski||Member at Large|
|John Noto||Committee Advisor||[email protected]|
|Sam Burdett||Committee Advisor||[email protected]|
As space is our most valuable commodity and is also our least regulated commodity, a standing committee (Space Committee) is needed to bring order to chaos.
This committee shall have authority to regulate usage of all aspects of Lowell Makes (LM) space including:
- Individual shops including
- Shop size (sq-ft)
- Shop location within LM
- Special storage requirements for shops
- General storage
- Authority to implement & modify storage policy
- Enforces storage policy either directly or by proxy
- Hear complaints from members regarding storage policy or its enforcement
- Removal of items
- Authority to remove items consistent with storage policy
- Coordinate bi-annual clean up days
- Schedule outside e-cycling, waste hauling, hazardous waste, metal recycling as needed and with approval of treasurer.
- Maintain corridor and elevator access as necessary and consistent with applicable codes and laws.