From Lowell Makes
Lowell Makes 1st Anniversary ' Hackathon'
Lowell Makes invites you to our 1st Anniversary Hackathon.
Monitoring Our Rivers
When: November 1st-2nd. Where: in our space at 47 Lee Street in downtown Lowell.
The rules are the simple:
- Participants will have 24 hours to make something that addresses the hackathon's theme and they must do it on site at Lowell Makes.
- Participants can be individuals or teams of any size.
- This year's theme is "Monitoring Our Rivers."
- For Lowell-area folks, that typically means the Merrimack and Concord rivers, which merge right in downtown Lowell. However, this hackathon is meant to challenge and inspire people to devise ways to monitor and track information about any river, anywhere. What kind of monitoring? That is up to you. It could be a distributed network of sensors that tracks water level, turbidity, contamination, Ph level, or other water quality and conditional metrics you believe important to track and share knowledge of. It could be software that aggregates data from numerous sources to derive new insights and information. Your imagination and creativity are the only limits. It is a little-known fact that most rivers are not actively monitored. The effects of construction, damming and other activities on rivers, their ecosystems, and those who live around the rivers often go unnoticed until a tragic event occurs. Today's modern computers and electronics, combined with the Internet and crowd-sourced data gathering and sharing could enable never before imagined capabilities to understand the health of our rivers and waterways, allowing for proactive water management and protection. The hackathon is open to all members of the public. Minors may participate with parental or guardian supervision. All participants or their parent/guardian will be required to sign our standard liability waiver and agree to our rules of conduct. Participants will have from 12:00 PM on Saturday, November 1st until 12:00 PM on Sunday, November 2nd. Participant are not required to stay for the entire period, but all assembly, code writing, testing, etc. must be done on premises during the hackathon. Judges from a wide variety of professional and civic backgrounds will award cash and other prizes. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 5th at the Lowell Makes weekly open house. If you have questions, please email [email protected] To participate, simply arrive at Lowell Makes by 11:45 AM on Saturday, November 1st.
- two point one buckle my shoe (jnappi first edit in Wiki) (and now for the second act)
- two point two
- three item one
- three def one
- four def one
- this looks like a continuation
- and is often used